Sunday, June 25, 2006

Waist Deep

Ok, y'all know that when a movie sucks, I don't mince words, I get right to it. Chocolate boy wonder (Tyrese Gibson, Four Brothers) cannot save this poorly-written ridiculous movie about a father trying to rescue his kidnapped son. We've seen countless variations of this hackneyed plot before, but I was willing to go along for the ride. Soon, I found myself waist deep in the biggest pile of crap to hit the screen since When A Stranger Calls.

Co-starring with Tyrese is Meagan Good (You Got Served, Biker Boyz) as Coco, a wrong-place, wrong-time witness to the kidnapping. Remember Martin Lawrence's t.v. show? Well, Tyrese actually plays a security guard named Otis...nevermind. This movie was so stupid that I'm actually going to do something I never do, which is reveal a big part of the movie. I have to do this to prove a point to demonstrate the suckage of this movie. If you don't want me to give anything away, stop reading now. Do you remember Thelma & Louise, when Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon drive off the cliff, committing suicide in order to evade the police? Ok, now imagine that they reappear, unscratched and alive. That's what the hell Tyrese does in this movie. The absurdity of it all made me laugh out loud. The numbskulls in the theater actually applauded at the end!! WTF? The only clapping I would've done would have been as a show of gratitude that it was finally over. Eye candy be damned, please do not get waist deep in this garbage. As a matter of fact, the only good thing about my movie-going experience was that I got to see the trailer for Outkast's movie Idlewild. Check it out here: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/idlewild.html

No comments: