Tuesday, June 27, 2006

BET Awards Commentary!

Damon Wayans: Was he poppin' pills? He was not funny, at least not intentionally.

Beyonce: She killed it!!! I can't hate at all. She looked good, she and Jay did their thing. She had the all-girl band and they DID that shit. Who's messin' with that? Nobody. In case you missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4Hh7siItw&search=beyonce%20bet%20performance

TI: What was up with the sound? Why was he performing a capella, was that on purpose? Not very good. Still love you Tip. EDIT: I found out (when Diddy mentioned it) that BET screwed up the sound. I gotta give TI credit for hangin' in there.

Jamie Foxx: Of course I was too distracted by his spit-swapping with Fantasia to pay attention to much else. Did you see it??? I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Fantasia looked country as hell in that unflattering dress. Just a hot ass mess in every conceivable way, and that kiss was gross! There was even a spit string when she pulled away. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Thanks BET, for turning stomachs and dropping jaws everywhere.

Busta Rhymes: Bus-a-bus always brings the energy, and this was the biggest club banger of the year. Everybody came out and ripped it, except for DMX. He performed during the pre-show, but managed to miss the actual award show. How is that possible? Maybe he had some probation terms to comply with somewhere. I don't know what's up with that dude. Eminem was the surprise special guest, and I wanna say that he killed it, but I'd be lying.

Keyshia Cole: I fux w/ Keesh. She does more yelling than singing, but it's all good.

Chris Brown: This little boy will land me in jail. Don't let me get my hands on you Chris! Ok, I feel dirty now.

Prince: Genius. I have got to see this man in concert before I die. EDIT: After watching his performance of "3121," I was less than enthused. I feel so horrible for saying that Prince was anything other than fabulous, but I just wasn't feeling the song.

Chaka Khan: A living legend, a diva, and very deserving of a lifetime achievement award. I love Chaka, respect due. Prince, Stevie, and Chaka performing on stage together: that is real black music, for any of you born after 1983. But Chaka, what were you wearing honey? Nevermind, it was your night. Do yo thang Chaka.

Harry Belafonte: Still a handsome man, in his old age. A true leader, and he had the quote of the night: (paraphrase) "While we're at the party, the enemy is knockin' at the door, and he's not going to wait for us to say 'come in'." Say word.

No comments: